Her Initiative Organization
Dar es Salaam
Organizational strategy Consultancy
Terms of Reference (ToR) for Consultancy to develop a 3-Year organizational Strategy at Her Initiative.
1.0. ABOUT HER INITIATIVE
HER INITIATIVE is an initiative that strives to reframe the value of girls, shape the new norms that break poverty, and create financial resilience among girls and young women in Tanzania. This includes advocating for girls’ economic rights. Her initiative works with girls aged between 13 to 35 both in school and out of school. Her initiative is a registered organization with a registration number 00NGO/08687. Her Initiative creates a ‘new normal’ for girls. A world in which girls are not held back from reaching their full potentials, either by themselves, their families, or their communities. A world in which girls can stay in school, get access to health services, realize their economic potential, and make their own choices.
We are currently looking for a consultant who will develop a three year organizational strategy to ensure Her Initiative fulfil its goals and objectives, and achieve its vision and mission.
2.0. Job Description
HER INITIATIVE is seeking a qualified Strategic plan consultancy. The organization is involved in creating financial resilience for girls and young women under 35 in which through its overall programs it is working with the governmental institution, private sector, NGOs, as well as other national and international agencies. The goal of Her Initiative is to achieve gender equality and inclusive economic growth.
To strengthen our Team, we are currently looking for an experienced, competent, dynamic, and creative consultant to develop a 3-year organizational strategy that will enable Her Initiative to discharge its mandate strategically.
Job Description/ Responsibility:
• Propose a strategy for achieving the strategic objectives and key results
• Undertake situation analysis of Her Initiative operations to date.
• Conducting stakeholders mapping and SWOT ( Strength, Weakness, Opportunities, and Threats)
• Identifying the focus area and develop strategic objectives and key result areas for operations of the organization using a consultative process and application of appropriate tools for analysis.
• Reviewing organizations’ capacity, organizational systems, the financial, administrative situation with the association in light of its mandate, strategic objectives to be identified, and key result areas along with making recommendations if any.
• Develop a Results and Resources Framework for the plan period.
• Hold stakeholder meeting(s) to validate the draft Strategic plan.
• Three-Year Strategic plan including a result and resources framework.
• Report on the process including stakeholder consultation and workshops.
• Copy of summarized PowerPoint presentation for the participant on validation workshop.
• Reasonable rates will be provided
5.0. MODE OF PAYMENT
• The consultant will be entitled to 40% of the total consultancy fee upon signing of the contract and the remaining 60% upon delivery and acceptance of deliverables within the specified period.
• The consultancy fee is subjected to withholding tax at the rate of 5% as per income Tax Act.
• A Master’s degree qualification in the field of Administration, Development Studies, Economics and/ management in a related field.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in strategic planning and management.
• Prior working experience on decentralization issues is an added advantage.
• Demonstrated experience with government partners policy development, management and programming-related
The following work experience represents a strong advantage:
• Documented experience in working on girls and young women Economic Empowerment programs.
• Documented experience in working on Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights.
8.0. Skills and Competence.
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision;
High level written and oral communications skills in English and Kiswahili;
• Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity;
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with government and development partners;
• Skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops;
• Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments;
• Experience in research, policy development, management and programming-related work
Interested Person will be required to submit the following details to the address below:
1. Proposal for implementing the assignment.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae that spells out qualification and experience concerning this assignment
3. Contacts of 3 Organizations that have recently contracted the consultant to carry out a similar assignment.
Kindly send this to;
P. O Box 77585
Dar es Salaam.
The applications can also be sent via email email@example.com, copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Or present the document physically to Her Initiative offices located at Ubungo, Rubada building.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 13th October 2020