Her Initiative organization
Role : Finance officer
Location: Dar es salaam
Duration : 10 months
Terms of Reference (TOR) for a finance officer at Her Initiative
1.0. ABOUT HER INITIATIVE
HER INITIATIVE is an initiative that strives to reframe the value of girls, shape the new norms that break poverty, and create financial resilience among girls and young women in Tanzania. This includes advocating for girls’ economic rights. Her initiative works with girls aged 13 to 35 both in school and out of school. Her initiative is a registered organization with a registration number 00NGO/08687. Her Initiative creates a ‘new normal’ for girls. A world in which girls are not held back from reaching their full potentials, either by themselves, their families, or their communities. A world in which girls can stay in school, get access to health services, realize their economic potential, and make their own choices.
2.0 Job Summary
We are currently looking for a vibrant young finance officer aged 18 to 35 to join our team who would be engaged to administer the financial requirements, handle
administrative functions and general office needs to ensure Her Initiative fulfil its goals and objectives.
3.0 Job Description
HER INITIATIVE is seeking for a qualified finance officer. The organization is working with and for young women to enable they generate income through enhancing access to knowledge, skills and resources. Its overall economic empowerment programs it is working with the governmental institution, private sector, NGOs, as well as other national and international agencies. The goal of Her Initiative is to create financial resilience in order to contribute to achieve gender equality and inclusive economic growth.
To strengthen our Team, we are currently looking for a vibrant, competent, dynamic, and experienced finance officer to support our finance and administrative department.
1. Preparation of organization and project budgets.
2. Create and implement financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency.
3. Contribute to organization financial audits.
4. Managing records and receipts of all income and expenses.
5. Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions.
6. Preparation of balance sheets.
7. Prepare the Quarterly and annual Financial Report at the time of requesting and on the basis of a corresponding work plan.
8. Develop an in-depth knowledge of organizational products and process.
9. Being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters.
10. Ensuring that the organization is ensuring adhering to all statutory demands such payment of tax.
11. Coordinate logistics activities related to procurement, funding, substantive units and humanitarian affairs.
12. Participate in coordination of projects and any other task assigned by the management.