Her Initiative Organization
Dar es Salaam
Terms of Reference (ToR) for Partnership and Resource Mobilization Intern at Her Initiative.
1.0. ABOUT HER INITIATIVE
HER INITIATIVE is an initiative that strives to reframe the value of girls, shape the new norms that break poverty and create financial resilience among girls and young women in Tanzania. This includes advocating for girls’ economic rights. Her initiative works with girls aged between 13 to 30 both in school and out of school. Her initiative is a registered organization with a registration number 00NGO/08687. Her Initiative creates a ‘new normal’ for girls. A world in which girls are not held back from reaching their full potentials, either by themselves, their families or their communities. A world in which girls can stay in school, get access to health services, realize their economic potential and make their own choices.
We are currently looking for an experienced, competent, team work, creative, dynamic, proactive and an extrovert person to develop and manage organization activities with a focus on innovation, partnership and engagement with both private and government sectors.
2.0. Job Description
HER INITIATIVE is seeking a qualified Partnership and Resource Mobilization Officer Intern. The organization is involved in creating financial resilience for girls and young women under 30 in which through its overall programs it is working with governmental institution, private sector, NGOs, as well as others national and international agencies. The goal of Her Initiative is sustainable poverty reduction for girls and young women.
In order to strengthen our Team, we are currently looking for an experienced, competent, dynamic and creative individual to develop organization activities with a highly focus on Innovations, Proposal writings and engagement with other stake holders.
Job Description/ Responsibility:
• Routinely research to identify new funding opportunities, including potential private donors, public companies and within the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania.
• Write concise and clearly structured fundraising proposals for the organization.
• Liaise with the Program team and other staff and help them to build their fundraising capacities and knowledge.
• Advise the Organization on changing donor priorities and ensure that new local funding opportunities are identified and shared with the Program Unit promptly, along with recommendations on whether and how to proceed.
• Develop and deepen existing donor and partner relationships, ensuring that the Organization maintains effective communications through ensuring donors and partners are updated on the activities and achievements.
• Represent the organization at meetings with public and private stakeholders.
• In close collaboration with the program team takes the lead in developing Memorandum of understanding/contracts to enter into agreements with different kinds of organizations and individuals.
• Manage Fundraising Development related documents, files, and keep the fundraising section of the organization website/drive up to date.
• Regular resource mobilization reporting.
• Support regular coordination of programs and projects as assigned by the management.
• Bachelor degree in project management, community development, development studies or and any other related area.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
• At least 1 year of experience in the area of writing proposals, preparing reports and managing projects.
• Proven experience in engaging with both private and government sectors for social change.
The following work experience represents a strong advantage:
• Documented experience in working on girls and young women Economic Empowerment programs.
• Documented experience in working on Sexual Reproductive Health and Right.
• Able to meet deadlines while remaining organized and accurate.
• Can work independently and as a part of a team.
• Ability to write concise and clearly structured proposals, reports and articles.
• Excellent IT skills, able to work with MS office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
• Able to pitch ideas with an excellent presentation skills.
Interested Person will be required to submit the following details to the address below:
1. Letter of Expression with relevant interest on why you should be hired as Partnership and Resource Mobilization Officer Intern.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae.
Kindly send this to;
P. O Box 77585
Dar es Salaam.
The applications can also be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org , copy to email@example.com Or present the document physically to Her Initiative offices located at Ubungo, Rubada building.
The applications should reach the organization not later than.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 3rd September 2020