Her Initiative Organization
Role: Project Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Duration: 12 months
Terms of Reference for Project Manager at Her Initiative
1.0 ABOUT HER INITIATIVE
Her Initiative is an organization that reframes the value of girls and shapes new norms that break the cycle of poverty and create financial resilience among adolescent girls and young women in Tanzania to achieve gender equality and inclusive economic growth. Her Initiative creates a “new normal” for girls—a world in which girls are not held back from reaching their full potential, either by themselves, their families, their communities, or their financial status. Her Initiative stands for a girl who has empowered herself enough to address her social and economic problems.
Her Initiative aims to reach out to adolescent girls, young women, and girls aged between 15 and 35 years. The Her Initiative team is a resilient group of social change-makers who personally identify with the experiences of the young women and girls we serve and are tenacious enough to confront Tanzania’s challenging economy head on through a bold, young women and girls-led initiative. It is young women’s and girls’ ideas that are at the center of the solutions we provide, ensuring that we don’t waste resources on ideas that don’t reflect the needs.
The organization works with and for girls and young women in the areas of women’s economic empowerment (WEE) and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). Our work is focused on enabling young women to achieve their financial freedom through entrepreneurship for income generation. Our programs aim to reflect the needs of young women by ensuring their engagement in everything we do. Our work includes significant engagement of stakeholders, including governmental institutions, the private sector, and NGOs, as well as other national and international agencies, as part of change readiness, systematic communications, and engagement.
2.0 Job Description
Her initiative is to seek a qualified project manager, aged 18 to 35, to join our team. The project manager will be responsible for planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget. He or she will identify and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed along the way. The project manager will also be responsible for overseeing all project and organization teams under their respective departments.
3.0 Job Summary
we are currently looking for a vibrant, competent, dynamic, and experienced project manager to lead the organization’s activities in areas of project management, talent management, and resource mobilization. More specifically, the project manager will be responsible for coordinating;
- the portfolio of Her Initiative’s projects,
- resource mobilization
- talent and team management.
- Create, manage, and supervise project plans in collaboration with project personnel who provide close technical support and leadership to teams at various stages of the project management cycle.
- Work closely with key staff personnel in carrying out project activities related to M&E, risk management, financial management, compliance, resource mobilization, stakeholder engagement, and communication in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Executive Director in talent recruitment, maintenance, and performance evaluation of the organization’s team and departments.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual project management and organization reports to Her Initiative management.
- Overseeing the timely preparation and submission of project documents such as work plans, fundraising plans, and M&E plans, and providing quarterly and final reporting to donors and partners
- Coordinate and oversee all organization activities related to staff capacity strengthening in project management.
- Lead and oversee resource mobilization activities related to project designing, proposal writing, fundraising, and networking activities.
- Lead the team in revising project plans and concepts for effective project management activities.
- Ensure proper management of data, which includes developing forms, records, and files for appropriate and secured project documentation.
- Ensure the embedding of gender mainstreaming approaches in our women’s economic empowerment and sexual and reproductive health and rights programs.
- Work closely with the Executive Director for high-level engagements with the board, government, funders, and other related partners.
- Experience in project management, particularly in the designing, coordination, and implementation of gender-based programs;
- Experience in managing significant, independent, and multi-stakeholder projects in a nonprofit organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead resource mobilization activities.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy;
- Possess an outstanding professional reputation and have strong demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills;
- Demonstrated capacity on effective gender mainstreaming and behavioral change programming.
- Good organizational and coordination skills include being able to successfully manage time, plans, projects, and other related tasks with effective prioritization to execute tasks with limited resources.
- Excellent collaboration, influencing, and negotiation skills; ability to build cooperation and negotiate compromises and priorities
- Highly positive, proactive, and results-focused.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook), and data management skills
- Ability to think strategically and to develop systems, processes, and procedures to meet changing trends.
- Ability to develop and manage effective relationships with diverse groups, including management, government entities, donors, and company stakeholders.
6.0 Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Project Management Social Work, Community Development, Gender Studies, Social Sciences, business or any close related field.
- Project Management Professional experience, APM or equivalent certification is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in project management, gender and community development for and with girls and young women in an NGO environment.
- Atleast 3 years’ experience of managing a team or departments
- Experience in resource mobilization activities including but not limited to proposal writing, pitching and fundraising networking activities.
- Experience working in gender and behavior change programming is an added advantage
- Skilled in use of Project Management tools such as MS Project and Visio.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Reasonable rates will be provided.
Interested candidates will be required to submit the Application letter and Updated Curriculum vitae that spells out qualification and experience to the address below
PO Box 41815
Dar es Salaam.
The application can be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org, copied to email@example.com, or presented physically to Her Initiative offices at 10 Asmara Street, Mikocheni B.
Not later than 10th January 2023