1.0. ABOUT HER INITIATIVE
Her Initiative started in 2012 and was previously known as Teen Girls’ Supportive Initiative. A group of 3 high school students decided to take a lead in addressing issues that affected them and most girls. Her Initiative is an organization that reframes the value of girls and shapes new norms that break the cycle of poverty and create financial resilience among adolescent girls and young women and girls in Tanzania to achieve gender equality and inclusive economic growth. Her Initiative creates a 'new normal' for girls; a world in which girls are not held back from reaching their full potential, either by themselves, their families, their communities or by their financial status. Her Initiative stands for a girl who has empowered herself enough to address her social economic problems. Her Initiative aims to reach out to adolescent girls and young women and girls aged between 15 to 35 years. Her Initiative’s team is a resilient group of social change makers who personally identify with the experiences of the young women and girls we reach and who are tenacious enough to tackle Tanzania’s challenging economy head-on through a bold, young women and girls-led initiative. It is young women and girls’ ideas that are at the centre of the solutions we provide, ensuring that we don’t waste resources on ideas that don’t reflect the needs.
2.0. BACKGROUND OF THE PANDA DIGITAL MOVEMENT PROJECT
Panda is a word which means planting a seed of financial independence to young women and girls.
Panda Digital Movement is a project designed to build a seed of financial independence for girls and young women by providing them a platform on Panda Digital where they can address issues that affect prospects for their businesses such as sextortion, business formalization, and mobilizing capital.
Panda Digital is the first E-learning platform in Tanzania aiming at enabling young women entrepreneur’s access skills and resources to start and run businesses in the digital economy.
Today’s youth particularly young women face enormous challenges finding a job and earning a decent income. Around the world, young women are far more likely than adults to find themselves unemployed or in low paying jobs. They encounter different challenges including sextortion, abuse, and neglect. Among female entrepreneurs, it is common to hear upsetting stories about sextortion.
Her Initiative draws evidences and facts from previous experience which reveals that young women lack a platform to share their business concerns. Thus, Her initiative saw the need of creating a platform/space for young women entrepreneurs where they can be able to access information, skills and linkages, where they can learn and share experiences with other entrepreneurs. We realized there is a need of movement building both online and offline, a space where they can be able to vent, to learn, gain access to information and different opportunities like loans.
Therefore, this project aims at creating a one stop platform that ensures a safe space and form an avenue for them to explore knowledge, sharing skills, and resources pertaining their business ventures for young women entrepreneurs through an online mechanism. In fact, the platform is an amplifier of promising digital jobs and entrepreneurship opportunities. The designing of this project appeals to the ongoing information technology revolution which fuels new business creation. Hence, there is a need of this project because it provides a suitable solution to reducing financial dependency and unemployment among women whilst adapting to entrepreneurship in the digital economy.
3.0. SCOPE OF WORK.
HER INITIATIVE is seeking a qualified consultant to undertake the development of a comprehensive training manual on business model canvas, produce a script for the manual and presentation of the manual in a video format for women entrepreneurs on Panda Digital platform. The consultant will undertake the following tasks;
- Conduct desk research and analyze all necessary documents/training modules and materials to fully understand the ground situation and existing training material available for business model canvas training.
- Conduct a Gap analysis to identify gaps in the trainings being imparted on business model canvas. Map out all the issues and identify the priorities in line with the objectives of this project. This should include consultations and key informant interview with young women entrepreneurs.
- Produce a well written and comprehensive training manual and the script of the manual including recommendations for training tactics/techniques.
- Produce a well written script for the manual of the business canvas model
- Produce a video presentation of the training manual.
- Submitting the first draft, to be reviewed by the organization before the final draft.
- Submit the final business model canvas manual.
4.0. TIME FRAME and DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The task will take a total of 10 workdays including weekend as follows:
- 2 days of conducting desk research and analyze all necessary documents/training modules and materials
- 1 day of conducting a Gap analysis to identify gaps in the trainings being imparted on Business model canvas
- 1 day of consultations and key informant interview with young women entrepreneurs
- 3 days of writing, consolidating and issuing the business model canvas manual.
- 1 day of preparing the script for the manual
- 2 days of shooting the video presentation of the training manual
The work will start from 13th September to 22nd of September 2021.
- First draft of the business model canvas manual
- First draft of the scripted training manual
- Submission of the video presentation of the training manual
- Final Comprehensive business model canvas manual, script and video presentation of the manual
- A PowerPoint presentation of the manual
Reasonable rates will be provided
7.0. MODE OF PAYMENT
- The consultant will be entitled to 60% of the total consultancy fee upon signing of the contract and the remaining 40% upon delivery and acceptance of deliverables within the specified period.
8.0. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The selected consultant must have the following basic educational and professional experience: (Minimum requirements):
- LEVEL OF EDUCATION: Bachelor degree in marketing, public relations, business administration, business management or any related field
- She/he should have a minimum of three years’ experience of working in business administration, Digital marketing.
iii. At least 3 years’ experience and knowledge on Business Development.
- Fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English language
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the professionalism, values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the project
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly and without favoritism.
Interested Persons/company will be required to submit the following details to the address below:
- Letter of Expression with relevant evidence to have conducted the same nature of the assignment
- Consultation invoice
- Updated Curriculum vitae.
Kindly send this to;
- O Box 77585
Dar es Salaam.
The applications can also be sent via email email@example.com or present the document physically to Her Initiative offices located at Ubungo, Rubada building.
The applications should reach the organization not later than.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.