1.0. ABOUT HER INITIATIVE
HER INITIATIVE is an initiative that strives to reframe the value of girls, shape the new norms that break poverty and create financial resilience among girls and young women in Tanzania. This includes advocating for girls’ economic rights. Her initiative works with girls aged between 13 to 30 both in school and out of school. Her initiative is a registered organization with a registration number 00NGO/08687. Her Initiative creates a ‘new normal’ for girls. A world in which girls are not held back from reaching their full potentials, either by themselves, their families or their communities. A world in which girls can stay in school, get access to health services, realize their economic potential and make their own choices.
The main objectives of HER INITIATIVE:
– To achieve financial resilience among girls and young women in Tanzania
-To build a generation of young women entrepreneurs who are creating employment opportunities for other young women
-To prevent gender-based violence by reducing income inequality.
2.0. BACKGROUND OF THE RISE UP PROJECT
In Tanzania, 51% of women work in the informal sector as employees and owners of micro and small enterprises. These women depend on public space and social interaction for the survival of their businesses, (UN Tanzania April 2020). During the epidemic, different measures were introduced by the government of Tanzania to ensure less traffic, social distance, and less interaction. All these measures disturbed financial circulation and exposed the majority of women and young women in business to financial shocks due to the reduced demand for their products. This resulted in an over 50% decline in their sales and the shutting down of some businesses.
The impacts of COVID-19, like other epidemics, affected women in the informal sector more acutely. Evidence suggests that most women and young women who are working in informal sectors are most likely to be hit harder by economic impacts of epidemics because this sector is characterized by daily wage and limited social protection measures (Multi-Sector Impact Assessment of Gender Dimensions of Ebola Virus in Sierra Leone, 2014).
This context presents a need to identify and address the peculiar challenges faced by women in business in Tanzania, in order to protect gains made from economic empowerment programmers and protect their livelihoods during this time of crisis.
In this regard, different relief efforts to support the economy were introduced by public and private sector actors during the outbreak of COVID-19. This included economic relief measures like tax relief, extending deadlines for loan repayment, and others. However, these well-meaning efforts were inadequate as they largely focused on supporting the formal sector, leaving behind the informal sector. This was mostly due to the fact that these schemes were strictly for legally registered businesses.
To help remedy this, this project will focus on formalizing informal businesses to benefit from economic relief in times of crisis and to help them adapt their businesses to operate digitally so as to remain viable if there is any future epidemic-related lockdown.
Digital marketing training will be provided to young women entrepreneurs to enable them adopt e-business models to boost their businesses. The activity will involve the development of a digital marketing manual to guide topics such as online engagement, creating digital marketing strategies, staying safe in the online space and monetizing social media posts
3.0. SCOPE OF WORK.
HER INITIATIVE is seeking a qualified consultant to undertake the development of a comprehensive training manual on digital marketing for women entrepreneurs. The consultant will undertake the following tasks;
1. Conduct desk research and analyze all necessary documents/training modules and materials to fully understand the ground situation and existing training material available for digital marketing training.
2. Conduct a Gap analysis to identify gaps in the trainings being imparted on Digital marketing. Map out all the issues and identify the priorities in line with the objectives of this project. This should include consultations and key informant interview with young women entrepreneurs.
3. Produce a well written and comprehensive training manual including recommendations for training tactics/techniques.
4. Submitting the first draft, to be reviewed by the organization before the final draft.
5. Submit the final digital marketing manual.
4.0. TIME FRAME and DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The task will take a total of 10 workdays as follows:
• 3 days of conducting desk research and analyze all necessary documents/training modules and materials
• 1 day of conducting a Gap analysis to identify gaps in the trainings being imparted on Digital marketing
• 1 day of consultations and key informant interview with young women entrepreneurs
• 5 days of writing, consolidating and issuing the digital marketing manual.
The work will start from 19th August to 1st of September 2020.
• First draft of the digital marketing manual
• Final Comprehensive digital marketing manual
• A PowerPoint presentation of the manual
Reasonable rates will be provided
7.0. MODE OF PAYMENT
• The consultant will be entitled to 60% of the total consultancy fee upon signing of the contract and the remaining 40% upon delivery and acceptance of deliverables within the specified period.
8.0. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The selected consultant must have the following basic educational and professional experience: (Minimum requirements):
i. LEVEL OF EDUCATION: Bachelor degree in marketing, public relations, media, business, development studies or related field
ii. She/he should have a minimum of three years’ experience of working in digital, marketing and development projects.
iii. At least 3 years’ experience and knowledge on Digital, marketing, Gender, Development and human rights.
iv. Fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English language
•Demonstrates integrity by modelling the professionalism, values and ethical standards
•Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the project
•Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
•Treats all people fairly and without favoritism.
Interested Persons/company will be required to submit the following details to the address below:
1. Letter of Expression with relevant evidence to have conducted the same nature of the assignment
2. Consultation invoice
3. Updated Curriculum vitae.
Kindly send this to;
P. O Box 77585
Dar es Salaam.
The applications can also be sent via email email@example.com , copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com Or present the document physically to Her Initiative offices located at Ubungo, Rubada building.
The applications should reach the organization not later than.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.