- ABOUT HER INITIATIVE
Her Initiative is an organization that reframes the value of girls and shapes new norms that break the cycle of poverty and create financial resilience among adolescent girls and young women and girls in Tanzania to achieve gender equality and inclusive economic growth. Her Initiative creates new norms for girls; a world in which girls are not held back from reaching their full potential, either by themselves, their families, their communities or by their financial status.
Her Initiative stands for a girl who has empowered herself enough to address her social economic problems. Her Initiative aims to reach out to adolescent girls and young women and girls aged between 15 to 35 years. Her Initiative’s team is a resilient group of social change makers who personally identify with the experiences of the young women and girls we reach and who are tenacious enough to tackle Tanzania’s challenging economy head-on through a bold, young women and girls-led initiative. It is young women and girls’ ideas that are at the centre of the solutions we provide, ensuring that we don’t waste resources on ideas that don’t reflect the needs.
Currently, Her Initiative in collaboration with ICAP Columbia is implementing the FIKIA+ project in Mwanza which aims at providing comprehensive prevention, care, and treatment for AGYW living with HIV using social, economic, and biological interventions, in order to reduce their vulnerability to HIV infection.
2.0. BACKGROUND OF THE FIKIA+ PROJECT
The FIKIA+ project is implemented in collaboration with local governments and delivers a core package of layered evidence-based interventions that target multiple vulnerabilities to HIV infection for AGYW. FIKIA+ addresses not only social, cultural, behavioral, and biomedical risk factors of HIV but also, the economic risk factors to reduce AGYW’s reliance on transactional sex and strengthen their self-efficacy and decision-making power in relationships like when to have sex and the use of a condom. All this is attainable when a girl or young woman is financially independent.
Through FIKIA+, adolescent girls and young women in Mwanza are girls who are shaded ligh to dream and influence their power to choose and make their own decisions. This is by introducing them to opportunities to participate in life skills and sexual reproductive health training which further guide brainstorming around potential solutions to reducing the existing inequities hence controlling AGYW’s vulnerability to HIV. The sessions informed the AGYWs on the combination of HIV prevention (biomedical, structural, and behavioral approaches), with a special focus on the biomedical aspect of the three key elements.
On the other hand, Her Initiative helps young women by introducing them to economic empowerment training sessions. The sessions include training on skills to start nurturing their shuttered dreams, so that they can enhance their personal development, by creating new businesses, how to manage existing businesses, ways to pace with the digital economy, online marketing, financial literacy, and social media marketing.
The main goal is to make sure these young ladies get access to online SRH information and achieve financial stability, and, Yes! Through these pieces of training, 19 new businesses were launched with 60% being individual businesses and 40% being group businesses. Through customer relationship pieces of training, these young girls have attained a 100% profit increase with 85% of the businesses that have attracted new customers and 60% of businesses that expanded. Also on the run to digital marketing 35% of businesses have transformed their businesses into digital businesses. Her Initiative has influenced more of this transformation by providing digital tools to the groups of these young women, including six smartphones in six groups that will help them access digital opportunities and make it easy for them to market their businesses online.
Also because of FIKIA+, these young women have improved their life skills which has helped them to fight against depression, emotions, and stress and they have become creative thinkers, decision-makers, and problem solvers.
3.0. SCOPE OF WORK.
HER INITIATIVE is seeking a qualified consultant to film a short documentary of FIKIA+ project to document the 9-month journey of the project in Nyamagana district. The consultant will undertake the following tasks;
- Filming 5-7 minutes project documentary and apply all technical aspects of film, filters, Light and camera settings to each shot of documentary.
- Filming a 1-2 minutes highlight video
- Taking quality photograph for documentation of the whole activity
- Editing 2 long and short filmed documentaries taken from filming project documentary
- Submitting the first video draft of the presentation to be reviewed by the organization before the final draft.
- Submit the final videos draft of project documentary
4.0. TIME FRAME OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The task will take a total of 12 workdays including weekends as follows:
- 4 days of traveling, preparation and filming
- 8 days of editing
The work will start from 9th September to 20th October 2022.
- First and final filming draft of the the 5-7 minutes documentary
- First and Final filming draft of the the 1-2 minutes highlight video documentary
- Reasonable rates will be provided
- Airplane travel tickets and accommodation will be provided.
7.0 MODE OF PAYMENT
- The consultant will be entitled to 60% of the total consultancy fee upon signing of the contract and the remaining 40% upon delivery and acceptance of deliverables within the specified period.
8.0. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The selected consultant must have the following basic educational and professional experience: (Minimum requirements):
- LEVEL OF EDUCATION: Public relation, Advertising and Media Degree or any related field
- She/he should have a minimum of two years’ experience of working in Filming, Digital marketing.
- At least 2-year experience on Filming
- Fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English language
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the professionalism, values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the project
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly and without favoritism.
Interested Persons/company will be required to submit the following details to the address below:
- Letter of Expression with relevant evidence to have conducted the same nature of the assignment
- Consultation invoice
- Updated Curriculum vitae.
Kindly send this to;
P.O. Box 77585
Dar es Salaam.
The applications can also be sent via email email@example.com or present the document physically to Her Initiative offices located at Building: House no 2, Street: 10 Asmara Street, Mikocheni B, Dar Es salaam
The applications should reach the organization not later than 7th September 2022.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.