Her Initiative Organization
Role: Monitoring and Evaluation officer
Location: Dar es Salaam
Duration: 10 months
Terms of Reference for Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at Her Initiative
1.0. ABOUT HER INITIATIVE
Her Initiative is an organization that reframes the value of girls and shapes new norms that break the cycle of poverty and create financial resilience among adolescent girls and young women and girls in Tanzania to achieve gender equality and inclusive economic growth. Her Initiative creates a ' new normal' for girls; a world in which girls are not held back from reaching their full potential, either by themselves, their families, their communities, or by their financial status. Her Initiative stands for a girl who has empowered herself enough to address her social-economic problems. Her Initiative aims to reach out to adolescent girls and young women and girls aged between 15 to 35 years. Her Initiative’s team is a resilient group of social change-makers who personally identify with the experiences of the young women and girls we reach and who are tenacious enough to tackle Tanzania’s challenging economy head-on through bold, young women and girls-led initiative. It is young women and girls’ ideas that are at the center of the solutions we provide, ensuring that we don’t waste resources on ideas that don’t reflect the needs.
2.0 Job Description
HER INITIATIVE is seeking a qualified monitoring and evaluation officer aged 18 to 35 to join our team. The organization is working with and for young women to enable them to generate income through enhancing access to knowledge, skills, and resources. Its overall objective is economic empowerment, Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR), and or Gender-Based Violence (GBV) programs working with the governmental institution, private sector, NGOs, as well as other national and international agencies. The goal of Her Initiative is to create financial resilience and digital inclusion in order to contribute to achieving gender equality and inclusive economic growth.
3.0 Job Summary
We are currently looking for a vibrant, competent, dynamic, and experienced monitoring and evaluation officer to strengthen our team and that will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress, and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- Produce and revise project log frame matrix for fundraising proposals, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement.
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example, mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators
- Control quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Organize and coordinate Build capacity of project staff to implement M+E activities.
- In charge of information gathering and writing quarterly and annual reports.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Experience in monitoring programs particularly designing M&E plans;
- Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Minimum of 1-year practical experience setting up and managing project monitoring and evaluation plans and systems supported projects preferred;
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy;
- Possess outstanding professional reputation and have strong demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills;
- Experience working in economic empowerment & HIV programs is an added advantage.
6.0 Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Project Management, M & E and or Social Sciences or Social Research or any close related field.
- Strong computer skills (word, excel, outlook) and data management.
- At least 1-year of experience in developing and implementing M & E systems and frameworks in an NGO environment.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Reasonable rates will be provided.
Interested Persons will be required to submit the following details to the address below.
- Application Letter
- Updated curriculum vitae that spells out qualification and experience
P.O BOX 77585
Dar es Salaam.
The application can be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org, copied to email@example.com, or presented physically to Her Initiative offices at Ubungo, Rubada building. Not later than 26th November 2021.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.