HER INITIATIVE ORGANIZATION
Role: Partnership and Resource Mobilization Officer
Location: Dar es Salaam
Duration: 7 months
Terms of reference for Partnership & Resource Mobilization Officer at Her Initiative
1.0 ABOUT HER INITIATIVE
HER INITIATIVE is an organization that reframes the value of girls and shapes new norms that break the cycle of poverty and create financial resilience among adolescent girls and young women in Tanzania, to achieve gender equality and inclusive economic growth.
Her Initiative creates a new normal for girls; a world in which girls are not held back from reaching their full potential, either by themselves, their families, their communities, or by their financial status.
The organization stands for a girl who has empowered herself enough to address her social-economic problems. It also aims to reach out to adolescent girls and young women between 15 to 35 years. Her Initiative’s team is a resilient group of social change-makers who personally identify with the experiences of the young girls and women we aim to reach and who are tenacious enough to tackle Tanzania’s challenging economy head-on through a bold, young women and girls-led initiative.
It is young women and girls; ideas that are at the center of the solutions we provide, ensuring that we do not waste resources on ideas that do not reflect or meet their needs.
2.0 JOB DESCRIPTION
HER INITIATIVE is seeking a qualified Partnership and Resource Mobilization officer aged 18 to 35 to join our team. The organization is working with and for young women to enable them to generate income through enhancing access to knowledge, skills, and resources. Its overall economic empowerment program is working with government institutions, private sectors, NGOs as well as other national and international agencies. The goal of Her Initiative is to create financial resilience to contribute to achieving gender equality and inclusive economic growth.
3.0 JOB SUMMARY
We are currently looking for a vibrant, competent, dynamic, and experienced Partnership and Resource Mobilization officer to strengthen our team and that will be responsible for developing and coordinating relationships with potential and existing partners, mobilizing resources, designing and implementing the Partnership & Resource Mobilization activities of the organization.
– Routinely research to identify new funding opportunities, including potential private donors,
public companies and within the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania.
– Build an increasingly, diversified network of resource partners including development partners, coalitions, academia, policy-makers, philanthropists, and foundations.
– The officer will target partners who share in the vision of Her Initiative and provide funds, technical support, and other forms of collaboration to meet the current and future needs of Her Initiative.
-Write concise and structured fundraising proposals for the organization.
– Liaise with the Program team and other staff and help them in building their fundraising capacities and knowledge.
– Advise the organization on changing donor priorities and ensure that new local funding opportunities are identified and shared with the Program Unit promptly, along with recommendations on whether and how to proceed.
– Develop and maintain existing donor and partner relationships, ensuring that the organization maintains effective communications by ensuring donors and partners are updated on the activities and achievements of the organization
– Represent the organization in virtual and physical meetings with public and private stakeholders as well as meetings with existing and future donors and partners.
– Lead the program team that deals with developing a Memorandum of Understanding/contracts to enter into agreements with different organizations and individuals.
– Manage Fundraising Development related documents, files, and keep the fundraising section of the organization’s website/drive up to date.
– Perform regular and timely resource mobilization reporting.
-Support regular coordination of programs and projects as assigned by the management.
The post holder will also be responsible for establishing and promoting the brand of Her Initiative regionally and internationally, raising awareness about the organization’s work at various forums, and ensuring transparency and regular information sharing with the public. He/she will be a strategic thinker with a strong understanding of various media sources and the development sector. This role is responsible for providing leadership in the resource mobilization strategy in response to the emerging opportunities and challenges.
5.0 JOB REQUIREMENTS
Qualifications and Experience
-Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Business Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Community Development, or a related field.
– Minimum 1 year of demonstrated experience in developing fund-raising strategy and institutional resource mobilization, understanding of the development sector, and grants management.
-A proven track record of fundraising from major donors, corporations, and foundations.
– Experience in NGO Sector.
-Proven competence in written and spoken English, Good writing and editorial skills.
– Proven skills in developing and writing successful funding proposals
Have high energy, a confident presenter who can engage people and get them to commit funding/and or to partnering with Her Initiative
– Strong organizational and time management skills. Also, very strong networking skills and excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
-Experience working in programs/projects on Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) is an added advantage.
-Experience working with Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) is an added advantage.
– MS Office skills (MS word, excel, and outlook), good analytical, negotiating, communication, and advocacy skills
Reasonable rates will be provided.
Interested Persons will be required to submit the following details to the address below.
- Application Letter
- Updated curriculum vitae that spells out qualifications and experience.
P.O BOX 77585
Dar es Salaam.
The application can be sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com. Not later than 27th March 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.